Being the exotic tropical fruit, you will not find mangosteen fruits on the shelves of conventional supermarkets but they are plentiful in the ethnic shops such as Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai. Believe me! The inconvenience is worth your while because the outcome is delicious and it delivers cancer killing properties.
5 Medium Size Fresh Ripe Mangosteen Fruits
3/5 Cup Organic Raw Cane Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
1/3 Cup Rice Flour
1 Cup Vegan Egg Replacer
1/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Pure Coconut Extract
1 Canola Oil Spray
1 Pint Vegan Ice Cream of Your Choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Using canola oil spray, grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
3. With the help of a sharp knife, cut off the stem of each mangosteen fruit.
4. Peel off the tough skin of each mangosteen fruit.
5. Remove the flesh segments of the mangosteen fruits but not the stones.
6. Place the mangosteen fruits in a bowl, add the cornstarch plus 1 tablespoon of the sugar and toss well until each segment is thoroughly coated.
7. Transfer the mangosteen segments to the casserole dish and set it aside.
8. Whisk the egg replacer, salt and the remaining sugar in a large mixing bowl, then blend in the flour until the batter is nice and smooth.
9. Whisk in the coconut milk, lemon zest and the two extracts (vanilla and coconut).
10. Pour this mixture on top of the mangosteen segments within the casserole and don’t worry if some or all of the fruits begin to float.
11. Bake for about one hour or until the dessert turns golden brown.
12. Allow to cool a bit, divide into 4 to 6 servings, top each serving with a scoop of your favorite vegan ice cream and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will surely enjoy the recipes found in my other books. So, please visit my Hanna Getty Amazon.com author page.
Vegan Blogger Is Popular:
- mangosteen cake recipe
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!