This is one witch’s brew that is soothing rather than scary. Enjoy it for lunch or dinner or any time in between.
Bewitching Pumpkin Soup
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup Red Onions (peeled & chopped into extra small chunks)
1 Clove Garlic (peeled & chopped into extra small bits)
1 Medium Size Leek (chose the white parts & chop)
1 Cup Sour Apple (cored & chopped)
3 Tablespoon Organic Raw Cane Sugar
3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
15 Ounces Vegetable Broth
2 Cups Filtered Water
2 15-Ounce Cans Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Unflavored Soy Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Cup Fresh Dill (stemmed & chopped)
1. Pour the oil into a 5-quart pot and set it over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onions and garlic and allow to cook for about 3 minutes while stirring continually. The onions should by then become translucent.
3. Add the chopped leak, apple, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
4. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes or until the leek pieces are soft and be sure to constantly stir.
5. Add the vegetable broth and the water and bring it to a rapid boil.
6. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes or until long enough for the apple chunks to become very soft.
7. Remove from the heat, add the pumpkin puree and mix thoroughly.
8. Pour the mixture into a high speed blender and set it to run in puree mode.
9. Gradually add the coconut milk and the soy milk and continue pureeing until extra smooth.
10. Pour the mixture back into the pot and set it on low heat.
11. Continuously stir while adding the salt and the pepper.
12. Dish out into 4 to 6 soup bowls, sprinkle the garnish ingredients and serve hot.
I hope you enjoyed this Bewitching Pumpkin Soup recipe. Now, I invite you to visit my Amazon.com author page where you will find more vegan recipe cookbooks.
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!