You may be a vegan who will not consume dairy milk, you may be someone who loves almonds, you may be lactose intolerant and incapable of digesting cow’s milk, or you may be someone who simply likes variety. Whichever the case may be, almond milk is the perfect solution.
You could easily purchase your almond milk at a variety of food retail stores but then you can just as easily make it yourself and know that you will be saving money while also avoiding all the additives (sweeteners, preservatives, etc.) that so many manufacturers add to their almond milk products.
So, here is how to make your own homemade almond milk that’s slightly flavored with dates & vanilla extract …
1 Cup raw whole almonds
2 Cups tap water
3 Cups filtered drinking water
2 Medium size dried dates (pitted)
1/2 Teaspoon non-alcoholic vanilla extract
1 Cheesecloth or an extra fine strainer
1. Place raw almonds in a bowl and power the tap water over them.
2. Place in the refrigerator to soak overnight.
3. Remove from the refrigerator, drain out the water and rinse thoroughly.
4. Pour the filtered drinking water into a blender and add the pre-soaked almonds, the pitted dates and the vanilla extract.
5. Blend at high speed until smooth.
6. Turn off the blender and strain mixture thoroughly.
Your easy homemade almond milk can be safely kept in the refrigerator for up to four days, as long as it’s in a tightly closed container.
If you are into healthy, plant-based recipes, please take a look at my Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss: The Daily Diet, Cleanse & Green Smoothie Detox Book which is now available at Amazon.com right along my Vegan Diet & Animal-Free Lifestyle – A Journey Into Veganism book and my Hanna Getty author page.
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!