This Gluten-Free / Sugar-Free Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie is absolutely bewitching as is fitting for the Halloween season. However, there are no laws that will forbid you from making it at any other time of the year. Enjoy!
Ingredients for the Crust:
2 Cups Raw Walnuts
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
3 Cups Warm Filtered Water
1/2 Cup Pitted Dried Dates
1 Cup Filtered Water
1 Pinch Sea Salt
Ingredients for the Filling:
1 Cup Dates
2 Cups Filtered Water
2 Cups Shredded Organic Pumpkin
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
Instructions for the Night Before:
1. Place the raw walnuts in a medium bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, pour in the warm water and let soak overnight. (Crust Ingredients).
2. Place the dates in a small bowl, add 1 cup water and let soak overnight. (Crust Ingredients).
3. Place dates in a medium bowl, add 2 cups filtered water and let soak overnight. (Filling Ingredients).
4. Rinse the soaked walnuts and dry with a paper towel.
5. Combine the walnuts with the soaked dates from the crust ingredients in a food processor and blend to a grainy dough.
6. Transfer the dough onto an 8” pie dish and spread it out evenly while pressing it snuggly against the bottom and sides.
7. Throw the raw pumpkin into the food processor and blend thoroughly.
8. Add all the other filling ingredients, including the pre-soaked dates and continue blending.
9. Pour the filling over the crust and smooth it out evenly.
10. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Please also visit my Hanna Getty Amazon.com author page where you will find all my vegan recipe cookbooks.
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!