I actually have a rather extensive collection of kale salads but this particular one is my all time favorite.
So, here comes the recipe for this wonderful Kale Salad with Apples, Carrots, Raisins and Walnuts …
Ingredients for the Salad:
2 1/2 Cups fresh kale leaves
1/2 Medium size apple (red or green)
1 Medium size carrot
1 Medium size celery stalk
2 Tablespoons raisins (dark or light)
2 Tablespoons walnuts
Directions for Preparing the Salad:
1. Wash the kale leaves thoroughly, dry them with a paper towel and then chop them to small bits. Place into a medium size mixing bowl.
2. Slice apple into thin slivers.
3. Grate the carrot coarsely.
4. Chop celery to small pieces.
5. Chop shelled walnuts.
6. Place all ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl.
7. Add the raisin.
Ingredients for the Dressing:
2 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons unpasteurized apple cider
1 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/8 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Direction for Preparing the Dressing:
1. Whisk the dressing ingredients thoroughly.
2. Pour over the salad ingredients and toss gently.
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
For recipes that will include kale in smoothies please get your hands on my newly published Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss: The Daily Diet, Cleanse & Green Smoothie Detox Book. Also, please view my Hanna Getty author page at Amazon.com where you will also find my Vegan Diet & Animal-Free Lifestyle – A Journey Into Veganism. These are eBooks which means that they are available for downloading into Kindles, iPads or PCs.
Vegan Blogger Is Popular:
- kale salad apples raisins
- kale salad with apples and carrots
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!