Rich in nutritional fiber, important vitamins and essential mineral while having very low caloric value, zucchini is a summer squash that’s perfect for any occasion. What’s more, zucchini as exceptionally versatile and can be incorporated into countless delectable dishes. However, here is one of my favorites.
Fried Zucchini Patties
2 Medium Size Zucchinis
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Vegan Breadcrumbs
1 1/2 Cup Filtered Water (approximately)
1 Teaspoon Ground Flax Seeds
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Cup Flax Seed Oil
1. Place the ground flax seeds into a small mixing bowl and add enough filtered water to form a smooth paste.
2. Place the flour, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl and blend thoroughly.
3. Add enough filtered water to form a velvety batter.
4. Mix in the flax seed paste and work until very smooth.
5. Using a sharp knife, slice the zucchinis to form round disks of about 1/4” thickness.
6. Spread the breadcrumbs on a platter.
7. Heat up the oil in a frying pan.
8. Dip each zucchini slice into the batter and then into the bread crumbs. Be sure they are well coated on both sides.
9. Fry them in the oil for several minutes on both sides until they turn golden brown.
10. Serve them warm with vegan ketchup on the side.
11. These fried zucchinis are perfect as finger foods at parties.
12. Note! This recipe yields about 3 servings. For larger crowds, please increase your ingredients.
Please also visit my Hanna Getty author page at Amazon.com where you will find my published vegan books that are now available for quick and easy download to your Kindle, iPad or PC.
Vegan Blogger Is Popular:
- vegan fried zucchini patties
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!