OK, they are really not all that scary but they are sure a whole lot of fun. These apple bites are quick and easy to make and your kids will love them as Halloween treats and as fun snacks throughout the year.
Scary Apple Ingredients (the exact quantities would depend on how many you will want to make):
- An assortment of slivered almonds – blanched and unblanched
- Boiling water
- An assortment of apples – red, green and yellow apples
- Orange juice
Instructions for Preparing Scary Apple Bites:
- Pour boiling water into a heat resistant bowl and add half the quantity of slivered almonds. Let them soak for about 5 minutes.
- Drain out the water and slip the almonds out of their thin brown skins by pinching them. This will produce the blanched almonds you will use in a minute.
- Now, cut your apples into quarters and remove their cores.
- Cut out wedges through the skin side of each of the apple quarters.
- Your apple quarters now look like toothless smiles. So, push in the almond slivers through the top and bottom to represent teeth.
- Don’t be afraid to be as creative as you like but mix and matching the blanched and unblanched almonds or by leaving gaps, etc.
- Baste the entire surface of each scary apple bite with orange juice. This will prevent them from browning.
You are cordially invited to visit my Hanna Getty’s Amazon author page where you will learn more about me and also find all my vegan recipe cookbooks.
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!