Smoothies are the ultimate fast foods that are both nutritious and delicious!
Depending on which ingredients are included in them, smoothies can actually serve as entire liquid meals that are well rounded and consisting of all the essential nutrients. However, smoothies can also be used as wonderful desserts, as supplemental side dishes or as replacements to other drinks.
The following Very Berry Cherry Banana Smoothie is perfect as a hydrating drink on a hot summer day.
1 1/2 Cups coconut water, berry juice or filtered water (chilled)
1 Cup organic cherries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 Cup organic wild blueberries (frozen)
1 Medium size ripe banana (peeled)
5 Medium size ice cubes
3 Basil leaves (fresh)
Instructions and Helpful Tips:
1. Always use a high powered blender or a special smoothie maker.
2. Always pour in the liquids before all other ingredients. In this case choose from the coconut water, berry juice or filtered water and be sure that it’s adequately chilled.
3. Next, add the solid ingredients — cherries, berries and banana.
4. Turn the blender or smoothie maker to optimal speed and let run until the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
5. Add the ice cubes and turn the appliance on for another 30 seconds.
6. Pour into serving glasses and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
In case you haven’t heard yet, I recently compiled and published the Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss: The Daily Diet, Cleanse & Green Smoothie Detox Book which is now available at Amazon.com. And while you are there, you might also want to check out my Hanna Getty author page and my previously published Vegan Diet & Animal-Free Lifestyle – A Journey Into Veganism. All these, by the way, can be easily downloaded straight into a Kindle, an iPad or a computer.
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!