Did you know that there are more than 300 varieties of garlic out there? Well, you may not have easy access to all of them but garlic of one type or another can be found in just about any food market all year round. There are countless options for using garlic on culinary dishes but here is one which I particularly love for its wonderful flavor and for its easy preparation.
Pasta Baked in Savory Garlic Sauce
14 Ounces Rigatoni Pasta
1 Bunch Fresh Spinach
12 Ounces Firm Tofu
2 Medium Size Cloves Fresh Garlic
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Table Salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons Hot Chilly Flakes
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Daiya Cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel the 2 garlic cloves, wrap them loosely in aluminum foil and bake for half an hour.
3. Wash your spinach thoroughly, drain it, pat it dry with a paper towel and chop into small bits.
4. Drop your pasta into boiling salt water and cook it until it becomes soft, then drain the water.
5. Through in the baked garlic into your blender.
6. Add the tofu, oil and salt and blend at high speed until you obtain a smooth sauce.
7. Combine the cooked pasta with the chopped spinach and the garlic sauce and toss well.
8. Reduce your oven heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Transfer your entire mixture to a casserole dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella Daiya cheese and hot chilly flakes.
11. Cut into rectangular pieces and serve while still hot.
Please review my Hanna Getty page at Amazon.com because that is where you will find my other recipe books which you will be able to easily download right into your Kindles, iPads or PCs.
Filed under: Best Vegan Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!